The focus of this discussion is the development and the rapid growth of the Yogyakarta city at the present time which has a major impact on the functional specialization of public space. Public Space Regulation and management became the starting point to maintain and develop the functional integration of the city’s public spaces.
It refers to the function of public space as the primary interaction connector between its citizen, which are also reflected in the culture of Yogyakarta city. The city regulation and management that neglect the function of the public space may lead restlessness of the people who really care about the development of their city.
This discussion talking about “Warga Berdaya” movements that were performed to criticise the government policies about regulation and management of public space in Yogyakarta. “Warga Berdaya” with various ways of direct actions in the public space demanded treatment and development of abandoned infrastructure.
Friday, May 10, 2013
Rumah IVAA (Indonesia Visual Art Archive) | Jalan IREDA, Gang Hiperkes 188 A / B
– Yoan Vallone – (Activists of Bicycle Community)
– Elanto Wijoyono – (Cultural Heritage Observer)
– Andrew Lumban Gaol – (Street Artist)
– Wawies Wisnu Wisdantio – (Architect)
Moderator: Yoshi Fajar Kresno Murti
Short version of video documentation on arsip IVAA
Full version of video documentation on arsip IVAA
Photo Documentation from other sources:
- Photo documentation from the Rumah IVAA
- Photo documentation from Urbancult
The Event on articles and news:
– Tata Ruang Kota Jogja Bakal Dikritisi Seniman & Praktisi – Harian Jogja Online
– Diskusi Publik – Pergerakan: Warga Berdaya Dan Yogyakarta Yang Sumpek (1) – Jogjanews.com
– Diskusi Publik – Pergerakan: Warga Berdaya Dan Yogyakarta Yang Sumpek (2) – Jogjanews.com
Related Videos (no subtitles):
Serangan Umum Satu Maret, Rebut Ruang Kota Jogja! – youtube
Merthi Kutho #2: Serangan Umum Satu Maret – Rebut Ruang Kota Jogja – arsip IVAA – youtube
You must be logged in to post a comment.